In response to an incursion by the North Star Federation, the following measures have been taken:

[quote][center][b][color=#A52A2A]The Brown Accords[/color][/b]
[i]GATO-NSF Optional Defense Pact[/i]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sO2xJ.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/S4NKZ.png[/img]

[b]Preamble[/b]

In the interests of friendship between their esteemed alliances, the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization (GATO) and the North Star Federation (NSF) agree to the following terms:

[b]Section I[/b]

Both alliances and their respected members shall remain sovereign of each other.

[b]Section II[/b]

Neither alliance shall engage in or endorse military action against the other signatory. If a nation is found in violation of this they will be ordered to offer peace and appropriate reparations as agreed upon by both alliances. Defending nations are required to limit retaliation to the level of attacks received should an offending nation refuse to offer peace or refuse to agree on terms of reparations.

[b]Section III[/b]

Neither alliance will engage in or endorse espionage against the other.

[b]Section IV[/b]

Both alliances and their respective members shall remain civil to each other at all times, especially but not limited to the public forums.

[b]Section V[/b]

If either alliance receives information concerning a threat to the other or their allies, the receiving alliance will notify the other signatory as soon as possible and provide the relevant information, keeping the source hidden if chosen.

[b]Section VI[/b]

Both alliances may request help from each other in the time of military or political conflict, be it direct or indirect financial aid, intelligence information, or political pressure. Alliances are encouraged to fulfill these requests, but are not required to do so.

[b]Section VII[/b]

Either signatory may terminate this pact at any time; however, the withdrawing alliance must notify the other signatory through diplomatic channels 48 hours prior to this, except when the countersigned has violated Sections II, III or IV.[/center]

[b]Signed[/b]

For the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization
[list][*]Laserwolf, Assembly Chairman
[*]Dre4mwe4ver, Minister of Foreign Affairs
[*]Mightyspoon, Minister of Defense
[*]Armen17, Minister of Domestic Affairs
[*]Kubla Khan, Minister of Finance
[*]60th Congress of GATO:
[list]Congressional Speaker Unstpblpimp
Daedalus27
Furface
IG-756
Jycard
MmeLarue
Rishabh Tatiraju[/list]
[/LIST]

For the North Star Federation
[list][*]crv24, Emperor
[*]Jaybooker, Imperial Guard of External Affairs[/list][/quote]

I'd also like to especially recognize Deputy Assembly Chairman Manis_B for all his work in helping make this happen. And that Armen guy. He did stuff, too. I think.

NSF, we look forward to working with you! o/

o/ glad to se this finally up, NSF are a great group of nations with the great ambitions, guiding principles and activity that you see in many young alliances who end up withering at the vine. NSF has impressed me from our first meeting with a pervasive optomism and sense of community. New players to the game, recruited and mentored by guys who have managed to avoid becomeing another sad voice singing a dirge for CN.

GATO is the oldest alliance on Bob and the wisdom and knowledge pool in our old guard is vast and even interesting at times. NSF is to young to have forgotten to have fun. I am proud to call them my ally and expect great things.